A friend of mine, Miss Polly, brought a little illustration like this one about correspondence to my attention:
This is so spot-on! For me this is particularly true for the sending and receiving of mail art. Of course, you don’t always need to create mail art, you can just write a letter and send anything interesting that will lie flat in an envelope. What would interest you if you were opening a letter? Here are some ideas:
- An old or interesting photo or two
- A few stickers
- A neat bookmark
- An old or interesting postcard
- Some old cancelled postage stamps
- A little handmade notebook, blank or something stamped/written in it.
- A bunch of interesting papers to collage from (I get lots of these and love it 😉 )
- Tags or other small die cuts
- Anything that’s rubber stamped
My good friend and correspondence artist extraordinaire Pamela, wrote a post on making an origami wallet that you can then stuff with things. Check out her post and then check out her site for lots of inspiration. She sends and receives amazing mail.
What other things can be sent in the mail? Are there other ideas I can add to the list?