The summer postcard swap is now open. The last day to submit postcards is July 31, 2019.
I made a 5-minute youtube video with lots of examples and an explanation. The written rules are a bit farther down in this post.
The theme is a vintage-inspired theme of your choice. My only reminder is that it should be in a vintage style.
Here are some of the suggestions:
- -your state or country
- -simple pleasures
- -something with a postage stamp (that’s mine )
- Your collages must be originals that you made and not copies, even if it’s your own work.
- When you make your collages, use papers only, no bumpy embellishments
- At least a third of your paper elements should be vintage or vintage-inspired
- You may send in as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Your cards will be mailed to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail them “naked” to other swappers. International swappers will have swapped postcards all mailed back in one envelope
- If you’re sending more than one postcard, please make sure they don’t stick together
- Write “VGB – ATCs” on the back of each card and attach your return address in the UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER in case of postal delivery problems
- LEAVE THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE POSTCARD BLANK (THE PART WHERE THE ADDRESS “TO” GOES)
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you create (Your host will attach them to the cards she mails back to you)
- Enclose your cards into an envelope that includes loose postage and your loose address labels.
- Mail your envelope to:
P.O. Box 3115
Saratoga, CA 95070
- The deadline is July 31. Please mail in your submissions by that time. I will wait a few weeks for any last letters arriving from overseas
- Postcards will be mailed out August 15
INTERNATIONAL SWAPPERS – contact me regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or to make other arrangements.————————–