I’ve barely gotten the last swap of minicards out, and here I am announcing the third quarter postcard swap. We’ve got to keep with the quarterly schedule, though. The theme is “the sun, the moon, and the stars”.
If you’ve participated in some of these swaps before, take note that I’ve changed the way you sign up for the postcard swap — they are going to a paid model: $5 for anyone to participate (domestic or international), and the cost will include your envelope and return postage to you. I will still need a single return address label, however.
These art swaps have become very popular (which is wonderful!), but very labor intensive for me to complete. They take several days for me to go through all the submissions, lay them out, swap them, label them, put postage on them, and then mail them back. This past minicard swap I had 151 participants. It took me more than two weeks to complete.
So, how do you sign up? Here are the steps:
- Go to my new art forum called the Collage Art Collective. It’s free to join but have to answer a single art related question to join (and it’s not difficult, I promise).
- Once you’re inside, enjoy seeing all the lovely and inspirational photos and posts about collage art that many members share (with none of the advertising you see on Facebook!!)
- On the left side of your (computer) screen there is a navigation menu. Click on CIRCLES.
- Click the listing for “Postcard Swap – 3rd Quarter” to sign up.
Here are more details if you are interested:
- Your collages must be originals that you made and not copies, even if it’s your own work.
- When you make your collages, use papers only, no bumpy embellishments
- At least a third of your paper elements should be vintage or vintage-inspired
- You may send in as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- If you’re sending more than one postcard, please make sure they don’t stick together
- Write a small note on the left side, or at minimum, your name and city where you are from.
- The deadline is August 30. Please mail in your submissions by that time.
- Postcards will be mailed out by the end of August.