The first postcard swap for 2019 has begun. The theme is L O V E. For me, that means lots of red, but it’s up to the individual to decide how to interpret “love”.
Anyone interested in swapping collaged postcards, done in a vintage style, who may be looking for more information, here’s what to know.
- Your collages must be originals that you made and not copies, even if it’s your own work.
- When you make your collages, use papers only, no bumpy embellishments.
- The swap will have a theme that you must represent in your collage, and at least a third of your paper elements should be vintage or vintage-inspired.
- You may send in as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Your cards will be mailed to your host (me) in an envelope, and your host will mail them “naked” to other swappers. International swappers will have them all mailed together in one envelope.
- If you’re sending more than one postcard, please make sure they don’t stick together.
- Write a note in the text column on the left side of your postcard, but leave the right side blank with NO address and NO postage.
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you create (Your host will attach them to the cards she mails back to you)
- Enclose your cards into an envelope that includes loose postage and your loose address labels.
- Mail your envelope to:
P.O. Box 3115
Saratoga, CA 95070
- The deadline is January 31. Please mail in your submissions by that time. I will wait a few weeks for any last letters arriving from overseas
- Postcards will be mailed out by February 10
- A standard postcard is 4” x 6” (approximately 10cm x 15cm), and it must be thin and flexible.
- Use a standard first class, forever stamp if you are in the US