It’s a new year, and we are starting our artswaps with a postcard swap. The theme is
Planes, trains, and automobiles
I chose this theme because we’ve all been stuck at home, waiting for this pandemic to subside. We’ve been anxious to get outside, to move freely, and for some of us, we’ve been waiting for it to be okay to travel again. This postcard swap is all about mobility
Planes, trains, and automobiles are some ideas, but anything that shows mobility is good, such as a ship or other forms of transportation. Here are a few examples:
It costs $5 to participate, and the fee includes your return postage and envelope.
To sign up, head to the Collage Art Collective, art forum.
Here are a few more details if you are interested in considering participating:
- Your collages must be originals that you made and not copies, even if it’s your own work.
- When you make your collages, use papers only, no bumpy embellishments
- At least a third of your paper elements should be vintage or vintage-inspired
- You may send in as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- If you are using a varnish or top coat, wait at least 24 hours to make sure they are completely dry. If the surface is still tacky, rub a wax candle over the top.
- Write a small note on the back side, or at minimum, your name and city where you are from.
- Include a mailing label with your name and address, so that I know where to return your swapped cards.
- The deadline is February 15. Please mail in your submissions by that time.
- Postcards will be mailed out the week after the due date.