The April postcard swap is now open. I’m posting the rules here for those who are not a part of my Facebook Group – Vintage Gluebooks and Pages, but would like to participate in the postcard swap anyway.
- Your collages must be originals that you made and not copies, even if it’s your own work.
- When you make your collages, use papers only, no bumpy embellishments.
- The swap will have a theme of “the birds and bees” that you must represent in your collage, and at least a third of your paper elements should be vintage or vintage-inspired.
- You may send in as many as four cards. (You will get back the same number you send, each from a different artist)
- Your cards will be mailed to your host in an envelope, and your host will mail them “naked” to other swappers. International swappers will have swapped postcards all mailed back in one envelope.
- If you’re sending more than one postcard, please make sure they don’t stick together.
- Write “VGB – (birds & bees)” on the back of each card and attach your return address in the UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER in case of postal delivery problems.
- LEAVE THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE POSTCARD BLANK (THE PART WHERE THE ADDRESS “TO” GOES)
- Include a mailing label with your name and address for each card you create (Your host will attach them to the cards she mails back to you)
- Enclose your cards into an envelope that includes loose postage and your loose address labels.
- Mail your envelope to:
P.O. Box 3115
Saratoga, CA 95070
- The deadline is April 30. Please mail in your submissions by that time. I will wait a week for any last letters arriving from overseas
- Postcards will be mailed out by May 10
Postage and Card Size
- A standard postcard is 4” x 6” (10cm x 15cm), and it must be thin and flexible.
- Use a standard first class, forever stamp if you are in the US
Contact the swap host regarding using PayPal to cover return mailing postage, or to make other arrangements.