I started setting aside pieces to make small book bundles. I was looking for heavier- weight catalog covers, tri-folded letters on good, heavy card stock, slick oversized postcards, and maybe some return envelopes.
After I gathered them and staggered them as I wanted, I sewed them with a pamphlet stitch to make a single-signature “book”.
I had the idea to empty some of my scrap bins and just glue pretty much anything that I thought might work in a particular spot, not caring much about detail. First, I quickly and lightly painted over some of the glossy pages so that when I glue my scraps they would stick.
Then I got started gluing.
It took me a few days to get everything.
Here’s the cover:
But now that’s done I have to choose to leave it as is, or do something else to it. I think I’m going to put some paints out and see what it looks like if I add smudges of color here and there. There are already tons to colors on these collages so I’m going to pick muted and dull colors. I want to tone the whole thing down.
We’ll see how it turns out.