When someone works on creating some collages, it’s typical to lay things out on a table or workspace to see what pieces you have. Since I decided I wanted to create some ATCs using some vintage scraps along with pages from an old stamp catalog, I had lots of bit on my work table. I didn’t finish everything in one day, so my pieces lingered on my desk. Once I started creating, my pieces became even smaller pieces after I started tearing and placing things, and so I ended up with even more scraps. I decided to take on more projects using those scraps, and in the end, it turned into a week’s worth of projects.
I made one set of ATCs on this postcard, along with some illustrated flowers. This needed to wait a bit before I decided what to do with it.
Of course I needed to pull out my postage stamps to get things moving a long.
Speaking of postage stamps… . While I had them out, I took the time to search through my little container of US stamps, looking for any that were from 1900 or older. A couple of months ago I acquired a small stamp “album” created by Leonard Null of West Liberty, Iowa.
Only three pages had been filled with stamps, but I love what he had done thus far, and I thought that I could continue where he left off. It’s the neatest little gluebook, really. So I’ve been looking for US stamps from 1900 or older. I don’t have that many but it doesn’t matter. I’ll keep an eye out and when I come across one, I’ll put it in this album.
Once I was done playing with my album, back to making ATCs with the scraps on my desk.
I find it easier to work on several all at one time. That way I can use scraps on multiple pieces. ATCs are tiny and if a scrap doesn’t work in one, maybe it will work in another. Most of them are mainly collaged with vintage papers, but sometimes I used, for example, a picture from a magazine, like I did for the ATC with the green grass. I simply liked the way that looked.
I have to give credit to this awesome catalog I got from my friend Brian at the San Jose Stamp Club. There are so many beautiful pages inside. This book will be used in hundreds of projects, I’m sure. I’m using is wisely, I promise!
Lastly, I made some altered borrowers cards from library books. These little cards are amazingly vintage, with lots of date stamps on them. I really wanted to do something special with them.
I didn’t have to add too much. I really want the original card to shine through. One of these cards went back to the person who gave me the cards to begin with. I hope she likes it.
Now I’m done, but my desk is still a mess. I won’t share a picture of that. It is time to clean up, though. I’ve got other projects I want to start, so time to move this along. 🙂